Wednesday

[amy] Misc. stuff

So much to do, so little time. I swear, Dollar and I are not idle but the "to do" list keeps growing. Last night I broke down and made a list of shows/movies we need to watch. I figure "to do" lists don't always have to be crap chores you don't want to do- they can be good lists. Here's what I have on the list (in no particular order):

- Smallville Season 5
- Mirror Mask
- Dave Chappelle's Block Party
- Lost in Translation
- LOST Season 2
- Plan 9 From Outer Space

# # #

I finished one Whitby sock and cast on for the second. I may be able to gift them to a family member sooner than I thought. I'd like to make a couple wire hanger sock blockers to go with them. I'm going to start Socktoberfest way ahead of the curve!

# # #

It's the eminent return of Magic the Gathering. I remember all to well how the last game ended. In fact, all the cards were boxed and shoved into a remote corner of the library before my face was even dry. But recently a friend dropped a whole box of cards off and now Dollar's taken to organizing them all. Thoroughly. As in:

Phase 1: Dollar takes all the cards, separates them out by edition and color, slips them into baseball card sheets and puts them into binders.

Phase 2: Amy takes all the binders and sorts within each color by type (creature, instant, sorcery, etc) and by mana cost.

Sgt. Dollar isn't ready to launch Phase 2 yet, so I sit next to him, nervously knitting until the call of duty.

# # #

I'm knitting some fingerless gloves. Or, I'm trying to. This pattern is meant to use only one ball of Karaoke (which is all I have). I knit to just past the thumb gusset on the first one and it was clear that I wasn't going to have enough yarn for another. So I ripped the whole thing. I started over last night and am making a few adjustments to shorten the gloves. I'm using the Mermaid Mix colorway and it's very pretty. The yarn isn't plied, so I kind of split it with my needle every now and then, but as long as I'm careful, the stitch definition and sheen of the yarn look fantastic.

# # #

Apples from the picking this past weekend will (I hope) be turned into a pie tonight. And I plan on seeing just how well apples and pork really go together by following a recipe called "Apple Orchard Pork Chops".

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Mirrormask was very very cool. Not as good as Labyrinth, I didn't think...but pretty freaking neat none the less.