Wednesday

[knitting] Various -Alongs and Misc Links

I've joined a few, okay four, knit-alongs.

1. Socktoberfest: over 1000 people have signed up. Huge. I've already outlined what my goals are for this.

2. Stocking-along: Two stockings. Bonus points for any ornaments or decorations. Double plus bonus points for knitting a Christmas Tree Hat for myself.

3. Fiber Flix: I reckon this will be the least stress. Knit whatever I'm knitting (socks, stockings, etc), watch a movie, discuss. Next month's selection will be noir.

4. Who wouldn't love a handknitted gift?: I've got 10 projects I want to knit for Christmas. Sound like a lot? Well, 9 of those things are Mason-Dixon washrags (to be gifted to three people in packets of three), so I'm not too intimidated/scared. My mom has requested gloves.

# # #

Some knitting links:

Branching Out, repeated three times across, turns the scarf into a stole.

Ene's Scarf and a nekkid woman.

This is why you knit stuff for kids. So... cute...

Be amazed by this Dragone Shawl.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

the buttons on that little girl's sweater...i must have some! The sweater itself is adorable...but those buttons are just killer...

nicole said...

Good luck with the knitalongs. I find that it is better for me to join the KAL AFTER I have finished the product. That is the only way I get stuff done.