Tuesday

[amy] Bad days made better

Blah, yesterday was an okay day, then a sucky day, then a better day, then a crap day, then an okay day, etc. I was being pulled in too many directions and hating on people. I thought I got my Amazon package (finally) but it wasn't at the post office (even though I got an email saying it was delivered, for sure). I kind of hassled the post guy and he was kind of hassling me back. Then I went home and saw the package was on my doorstep. Guilt feelings washed over me.

I ripped it open and carried all my books up to the bedroom. I crawled into bed to browse them and quietly lament my crappy (but improving) day. In addition to knitting and dyeing books, I got this non-stick pan because of my recent potato woes. I gently washed it and used it for supper- the potatoes came out perfect. I cut red new potatoes in half, drizzled with olive oil, tossed with Italian herbs, Goya Adobo seasoning, salt and pepper. I put them into the oven to roast at 380 F and after 30 minutes I pulled out the pan to turn them. All I had to do was shake the pan a little and they slid around like... like little greased sliding things. This brought a tear to my eye and greatly improved my day. I think I'm in love with this pan.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

re: pan - told you so...;)

I'm glad your crappy day eventually got better. Roasted potatoes make everything seem ok, at least for a little while. I do mine w/ olive oil, garlic powder and parsley. Nummy potato goodness. I make oven-baked sweet potato fries sometimes, too...but I have to be in a certain mood for them, and they take a long time.