Friday

I finished Michel Faber’s The Crimson Petal and the White last night. Nothing can be right in the universe when you finish an 830 page book and afterwards say to yourself, “Well… that ended rather abruptly, didn’t it?” I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I wanted more of the story to read because there’s obviously more of the story to tell. I highly recommend it, but ye be warned: if you’re the type of person that likes to read a few pages before bed, this will take you a year to read. Chances are, you’ll grow bored and forget stuff, making you hate the book.

(Note: Paperback version of this book is 944 pages.)

How did I reward myself for finishing such a long, dense, intelligent tale? By reading a couple new comics (1602 #2, Fables #17) and watching four (four!) episodes of Most Extreme Elimination Challenge. So painful, so funny!

No comments: