Thursday

[knitting] Baby Booties

Working on some scrappy booties for the niece:

Not quite matchy-matchy booties, using up leftover yarns. #knitting #booties


Pattern: Baby Boots by Frankie Brown (free on Rav)

With these, I finally used the very last of the yarn I got in Korea years ago. I originally use it for this scarf and then used most of what remained for this bag. These booties are knit from the bottom up, so I used up every last inch of the yarn and then found a couple teeny, tiny balls of lilac yarn (leftover from these socks) to do the ribbed cuffs with.

The feet of the booties don't quite match because the marled yarn has long, gradual color changes. Using a solid color for the cuffs helped bring the pair together.

I have lots and lots of leftover fingering weight yarn- so I'll definitely be knitting more of these booties. They were pretty easy and quick to knit- I even had to rip out and re-knit one because I knit the first continental style (looser) and knit the second English style (sooooo tiiiiiight). I have no idea why I did that.

No comments: