Thursday

[knitting] Coral Reef Hat

I had more of the same yarn I used for yesterday's Magic Mirror Mittens. I wanted to knit a "matching" hat. Not necessarily the same cable design, just a cabled dk-weight hat. I saw a new, free pattern pop up on Ravelry called Coral Reef:

Hot off the needles, a hat to go with the mittens. Now I'm in the mood for infinity scarves. #knitting


This is a better representation of the actual color of the yarn. I knit the ribbed band to 5.5 inches, for a longer fold-over brim. This took only one ball of the Chiara.

It's a bit snug. I did the entire hat on US 5 needles. It's a clear, well-written pattern with some clever decreases at the crown. I'm temped to cast on for another, while the pattern is fresh in my mind. I would move up a needle size, cast on 112 (rather than casting on 102 for the ribbing and then increasing 10 for the body) and do k2p2 ribbing for the brim. I might just have to go digging into my stash for alpaca yarn.

No comments: