Thursday

[knitting] Newfoundland Mittens

Working on something quick:

Chunky Newfoundland Mittens

I found a skein of the dark gray yarn when I was rummaging through my stash, looking for yarn for Sophie's Universe. It's bulky-weight, so not right for the afghan. I happened to have a sack of my handspun yarn nearby and pulled out a bulky orange skein. They looked nice together so I went looking for a project.

I have had a pattern for worsted-weight Newfoundland mittens in my Ravelry queue for ages and happened to find a similar pattern for chunky yarn. I like the honeycomb design with the purl blips of color that appear on the right side (another reason I'd like to try bohus stickning in the future). These mittens are fast to work up- since they're only 36 stitches around- so they should be all done by this weekend. 

No comments: