Tuesday

[knitting] Treasure Slouch

Treasure Slouch


Pattern: Treasure Slouch

Yarn: Classic Elite MountainTop Chalet, 2 skeins

Needles: US 8 (ribbing), US 9 (lace body)

Mods: Made the brim longer, to fold over and added a pompom to use up two entire skeins.

The yarn is a bulky, chain-plied alpaca/bamboo blend. I found this pattern on Ravelry, searching for free bulky hat patterns. The fiber blend lends nice drape to the fabric.

Treasure Slouch

I think it has a very 70's vibe to it and I love it. Was unsure whether or not I would- the double yarnovers make a very hole-y pattern but it works. 

Also, my hair is very light and red after all the blue washed out. My hair was all-over dark brown but I used to have very red highlights when I was young (my dad's a natural redhead in his younger years). I think the bleaching brought out red that was hiding under the surface. I like it! If I'm sad that the blue didn't last, at least now I have new red!

No comments: