Tuesday

[vermont] Green Mountain Spinnery

On the way home from MA last week, I pulled off I-91 to the Green Mountain Spinnery. I haven't been in a while- I usually see them vending at the NH or VT Sheep and Wool Festivals- but wanted to stop by since it's literally only 200 feet away from the interstate exit.

Pretty Mountain Mohair:

Stopping by the #greenmountainspinnery on the way home after a week in MA. #yarn

I picked up a pattern for mittens and some undyed discounted seconds. The woman working was kind enough to give me a quick tour of the mill, which was actively spinning yarn. I think I must usually stop by on weekends when wool isn't being processed. It was cool (and noisy!) to see all the heavy carders and spinning bobbins working away.

Spinning equipment

Batt of fiber

Spinning equipment

Spinning equipment

After, I went to Curtis' BBQ up the road to bring home some ribs. Mmmmm. Riiiiibs.

No comments: