Thursday

[cooking] Carrots Carrots Carrots!

I pick up so many CSA vegetables every week. Potatoes, melons, cucumbers, squash, chard, kale, tomatoes, lettuce, herbs, eggplant, kohlrabi, napa cabbage, fennel, green beans and carrots just this week. We have a small share and it's a challenge to use up every single thing. Rocky, the rabbit, does his part helping with the greens but the rest is on me to prepare.

My current dilemma is all the carrots. My usual preparation is either buttery glazed carrots, pan roasted on the stovetop or roasted in the oven with potatoes or other root vegetables. I've been daydreaming about carrot cake but opted for muffins instead:

Carrot muffins to use up some of the piles of carrots.


Just the basic muffin recipe from the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion- the carrot/ginger/raisin variant. I had no crystalized ginger on hand so I just used a tablespoon of ground ginger. They came out nice- if a little dense.

Now to figure out what to do with the rest of the carrots!

No comments: