Thursday

[knitting] Mitered Baby Blanket

Here's the baby blanket I'm currently working on:

Penny!

Penny!!

Okay, here it is:

Mitered Baby Blanket

I'm doing this the same way that I made my mitered cowl. The yarn is Jo-ann Sensations Little Treat. It has long lengths of color, so I thought large mitered squares would be best.

Each square is 80 stitches at the beginning, decreasing two stitches every other row, ending up around 12 inches x 12 inches. I'm still debating whether to make this 3 x 3 squares or 3 x 4 squares. I will probably have to add a few rows of garter stitch (log-cabin style) all around the outside, to pull it together and make the edges look tidy.

Because this is no-sew, the project is gets heavier and more unwieldy the larger it gets. Probably wouldn't want to use this method for a regular-sized bedspread, but for a small baby blanket (and for someone who hates sewing in ends), it's nice to only have ends where you join new balls of yarn.

No comments: