Tuesday

[misc] Northampton, MA

I've been telling myself that soul-crushing disappointment is good for you every now and then. It keeps you humble and tests your anger management skills. Dollar and I took a day trip down to Northampton, MA. I checked and double-checked to make sure that the music stores and BBQ place were open on Sundays. The only place I apparently didn't check was Webs, the huge yarn mecca I was so looking forward to spending all my money in. We pulled into the parking lot and saw lots of cars. We went in and I noticed all the lights were off... which was weird... and where were all the people? Well, everyone was in couple classes being run in the side rooms- the store itself was closed. We were quickly shoo'd out of the store by someone.

My reaction went like:

1. Denial 

No. No... No. This isn't happening. I didn't drive all this way down here to be denied. I'm SURE I checked online to make sure they'd be open.

2. Anger

WTF!!! WHY IS THIS STORE NOT OPEN ON SUNDAYS! THIS IS NO WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS IN THE 21st CENTURY!!!

3. Bargaining

I wonder if they'd still let me shop. I would spend soooooo much money.

4. Depression

This is the worst day ever. So pointless to drive all the way down here for nothing. I don't want to live anymore.

5. Acceptance

Well. At least we got to visit a couple cool music stores in town. And we're going to get some pretty awesome BBQ on the way home. And just think of all the money I saved. sniff... booo hooo hooo

Ugh.

Terrible feeling but obviously not the worst thing that could happen to a person. I have family and my health and all that crap. It's just such a let down when you're looking forward to something and it turns to ash in front of your eyes. 

We did visit some cool music stores. Downtown Sounds was the bomb:

Visiting Downtown Sound in Northampton, MA.

I took a picture of Dollar next to a Zildjian cymbal display to enter into a sweepstakes. I bought myself a easy piano book with sheet music for songs from The Muppets. I'm going to start teaching myself basic piano.

And we did stop by Curtis' BBQ in Putney, VT (just off I-91 Exit 4) during the drive back home. Dollar had never been and he loved it! There was even some live music being played where the picnic tables are.

Curtis' BBQ in Putney, VT- the 9th Wonder of the World! #bbq #ribs

Overall, it was a great Sunday :) 

No comments: