Wednesday

[knitting] Forestry Hat

Fiber, purchased back in 2009:

Forestry

4 oz of rambouillet. Spun into DK weight 2-ply:

Forestry

This is a great fiber- bouncy and soft. I knit a simple hat:

Green handspun hat

I tried out my Clover X-Large pompom maker for the first time. There's a bit of a learning curve. My first pompom is on the left, my second attempt is on the right:

Pompon learning curve

I decided that pompoms, especially big poofy pompoms, are not a waste of yarn and are totally essential for hats now. Especially if the fiber you're using doesn't have much drape but you still want an extra-long hat to slouch in the back, a big pompom is a good way to add extra weight.

I might try to photograph a tutorial on how to use this pompom maker- I've tried a few different brands and methods and this is the best one I've used so far. 

No comments: