Wednesday

[vermont] Critters

Some animals around the house. A deer in the driveway:

Deer

A wee little snake on crushed stone:

Snake

I bought a hummingbird feeder and hung it off the deck. I filled it with nectar and as I was hanging it, I thought, "I hope hummingbirds come, I'd like to-AGH!" That AGH was me being dive-bombed by a hummingbird before I even finished hanging the thing up. Here the feeder is nearly empty:

Hummingbird

I've seen three hummingbirds at the same time. One is a bully, who sits there all day, gorging himself and chasing off anyone who tries to get a sip. A female, who gets chased off all the time. And a fairly smart male who will sit on the deck railing below the feeder and wait for the bully to chase off the female. Then he'll come up to the feeder and drink (and chuckle to himself about how smart he is).

There's also a critter inside the house who demands warm, clean laundry:

Penny


No comments: