Tuesday

[knitting] Milanese(ish) Loop

It took a few months, but I finished the sparkly cowl:

Starlight Cowl

Pattern: Milanese Loop (rav link)

Yarn: Universal Yarn Star Light (now discontinued)

Needles: US 6

Mods: I cast on many more stitches than the written pattern because I was using a fingering-weight  yarn. After doing the garter stitch edge and the first round of the pattern, I realized that I added an extra stitch to each little shell stitch. I kept going and made it work for the entire project, but that's why my pattern doesn't look exactly like all the other finished projects. 

Pretty cowl. Subtly sparkly. Wraps around the neck comfortably twice. I don't mind that the yarn is mostly acrylic- it feels soft, it just didn't block out as severely as I would have liked it to.

No comments: