Tuesday

[knitting] Lace Beret

I wanted a portable knitting project to take to DC last month and I've been wanting to make this lace beret/tam for ages (okay, since 2009).


Lace tam - top


Pattern: #24 Lace Beret from Vogue Knitting, Holiday 2009

Yarn: Ball & Skein Super Sock 416, "cinder" colorway.

Needles: US 1 (ribbing), US 2 (main body of the hat)

I purchased the yarn at the VT Sheep and Wool Festival last fall. The last time I used this yarn was for my first Haruni. I didn't weight my leftovers from this gray beret, but I probably only used half of the skein- which means I've got enough leftovers for matching fingerless mitts. If I really wanted to be all matchy-matchy, I'd take the time to work the lace pattern from the beret into the mitts, but I think I'd settle for simply making a pair with the same yarn.

The underside:


Lace tam - bottom

Lovely pattern. Would totally make it again.



1 comment:

Sara said...

Amy, you do such beautiful work! The yarn looks so soft and lovely...and the pattern is awesome.