Thursday

[crochet] Starburst Hot Pad

Another crochet hot pad:

Starburst


Pattern: Starburst Hotpad

Hook: US G (4 mm)

Yarn: Lily Sugar 'n Cream solid- off white color. Lily Sugar 'n Cream Naturals- Earth Ombre color

This was a one-evening project. You make five separate motifs and then draw them together with a double strand of yarn. The effect is pretty but the whole thing is only held together at 6 points, so it's a little loosey-goosey. I want to iron the folds flat, then it's going to my sister.

Starburst


I've seen some pretty red/green/white Christmas-y versions done that remind me of poinsettias.

I'm trying to find more crochet hotpad patterns to use up all my worsted-weight Sugar 'n Cream. So far I haven't found/made one that made me go, "I want to make 10 more of these."

7 comments:

gayle said...

That's really pretty.
The danger in finding an 'I want to make 10 more of these' type pattern is that you'd end up having to buy more yarn. Then you'd have even *more* yarn to use up... 8)

nightlyt said...

I was curious if you are willing to share this pattern. I have been hunting high and low for a lily pattern and this is as close as I can fine. Thanks.

amy said...

Sure, there is a link under the first picture, Startburst Hotpad, that will take you right to the free pattern.

Anonymous said...

I love this and have been searching for the pattern... every site I go to there is a link to it, but no pattern at the link... even tried what you said here... how can I get this pattern?

amy said...

I will update the link in this post. Looks like the original pattern is not longer available. Here is a translate of the french version:

http://daughterofanace.blogspot.com/2013/02/starburst-hotpad-pattern.html

Mary Miller said...

I just saw this pattern on FB that a person was making I am so happy I found the instructions to make many of the colors. Thank you.

Jo Carol said...

pattern can be found here, but you really should use cotton yarn other types will melt, http://www.crochetmemories.com/archive/lorettasstarbursthotpad.html