Sunday

[knitting] Yoke Pattern Jacket

Finally, finally done. I had Dollar try it on last week after I finished seaming the sleeves and side. It was too short, so I gave it a lukewarm soapy bath and blocked it, adding 3-4 inches in length:

Yoke Pattern Jacket


It took a few days to dry. I didn't particularly like knitting with Classic Elite's Skye Tweed wool- it was sticky to knit and it felt a little rough. The wash improved the yarn 100%. It's so soft now.

I sewed the buttons on. I have five left over and told Dollar I don't know why I bought so many. He said, "Because I'll lose some." Oh yeah.

This is a Mari Sweater design and the slogan is "It fits and it flatters." I agree. Here's our photoshoot outside.

Yoke Pattern Jacket


Yoke Pattern Jacket


Yoke Pattern Jacket


Yoke Pattern Jacket


Yoke Pattern Jacket


Yoke Pattern Jacket


At least the one nice thing about the cold, damp weather we've been having recently is that Dollar is comfortable wearing the sweater around the house. The next sweater for him will be a Wonderful Wallaby.

3 comments:

KC said...

Wow! great job! It looks awesome. I bet he will get a lot of wear out of it.

Angela said...

That is so much less "Mr. Roger's" than I thought it would be! It looks good, and I bet your glad to be finished :-)

Shelby said...

Stylin'! Glad you were able to get the extra length you were concerned about. Angela's right...it doesn't look nearly so grampa-ish as I thought it would, either. I think the bright red beard helps...;)

Good job!