Friday

[games] Carnage Con

This year's theme for Carnage Con is "Carnage 9 From Outer Space".

I have a vintage Plan 9 From Outer Space poster in my living room because I'm collecting vintage movie posters. Dollar saw it and said, "You know that's supposed to be the WORST movie ever made?" So I rented it and it was SO bad that I couldn't even finish watching it. Suffice it to say:

"Plan 9? Ah, yes. Plan 9 deals with the resurrection of the dead. Long distance electrodes shot into the pineal and pituitary gland of the recently dead."

So there are several zombie themed games at Carnage. Zombie board games, zombie role-playing games, zombie card games. I'm very excited. There will be tons to see and do. I'm excited to be trying out and seeing games that I've read about but haven't ever played.

I've been in a gaming frame of mind because I recently bought Settlers and have been playing a two-player variant with Dollar.

My knitting has even taken on a gaming theme- last night I knit a small drawstring bag (from this pattern) to hold game bits and pieces. What an awesome way to use left-over yarn in my stash! I'm going to make all kinds of sizes.

No comments: