Thursday

[amy] Rested and Relaxed

I'm back. Poop. I had a nice 5-day weekend. Let me amend that- I had a freaking awesome weekend. No, that's still not good enough. I had a- Imagine yourself floating in a cloud, wrapped in a blanket made out of sunlight and you get to eat rainbows all day long with your pet unicorn. Yeah, it was that good.

Thursday was my actual birthday and I had a nice lunch with friends. Ken asked if I wanted to go to lunch with him and Adam- I said sure. When I get to the restaurant, I see Ken and am greeted with, "Hey! Aren't you... punctual!" I was next door buying some earrings. Is it a problem I'm on time? Ken asks for a booth when we're being seated but the waiter says, "I don't think 10 can fit in that booth." TEN? More and more people showed up, which was a nice surprise. Then I spent the rest of the day hanging out and opening presents.

Friday I took Griffith to the vet to get some of his hair matts shaved off. The technician was a little hesitant and wanted to get another person to help but when I pulled Griffith's curled, quivering body out of his carrier and set him on the table, she saw that he was too scared to try to kill. [Aside: Griffith has become quite a proficient hunter; my sister's front yard is rapidly turning into a mouse graveyard.] Friday afternoon I took a trip but it's kind of secret where I went.

Saturday evening was the Fashion Show. I really didn't stay long. The show was meant to start at 9:30 pm but, of course, it didn't get going until a lot later. While the crowd was waiting, video clips were being projected onto the back wall- mountains, forests, under water scenes. I was seated next to a couple very small children who watched the wall avidly and kept repeating, "Oh my gosh! Look at that! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" When a scene of a panda eating shoots came up, the little girl squealed, "EEE!! Look at the teddy bear!!" It was very cute.

After the show was over, I made a move to go and dug into my bag for my car keys. Dig dig. Dig. Slide my hand along the bottom of the bag. Dig. Look. Shit! Where are my- Shit! I frantically started searching and asking everyone if they've seen any keys. I saw Ken and he said I probably left them in my car. No. Remember locking it. That's what I do- I lock my car. I walk out to my car anyway and as I get closer, I see what look like keys on the ground in the grass. I pick them up, unlock my car and drive away without a backwards glance as though Of course I keep my keys on the ground next to my car- doesn't everyone?

Sunday and Monday I knit (I'm making great Gryffindor progress- more on that tomorrow) and relaxed.

No comments: