Thursday

[amy] Happy Birthday to Me.

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm not revealing my true age, suffice it to say that I woke up bald and started suffering from chronic joint pain. I took the day off work so that I could examine my face in a magnified mirror all day and silently cry.

I had lunch with my mother, who gave me an Ammolite pendant. Ammolite is a gem that comes from the Ammonite fossil and can only be found in Canada. Its beauty can only be appreciated by "the world's most elegant women and sophisticated men." Feng Shui masters believe it promotes heath, weath and enlightenment. Yeah, it came with this brochure about how great Ammolite is and how it gets its comic enegery from the universe. Something like that. I don’t think my mother would have bought it had the seller not said, "Donald Trump has a big block of Ammonite on his desk." She was sold. If you would like to know more about Ammolite, click here for the minerology info; it’s pretty interesting.

I hung out with my sister and Jason a bit (who got me all kinds of cool things) and then we all went out to dinner with my neighbor. All in all, it was a pretty good day that I didn’t want to end.

4 comments:

Bill said...

Happy birthday!

We went to the Glass/Ware show and it was great. We couldn't go to the Dirt Cowboy though because they closed at 6pm. So we tried to have dinner at a restaurant called Mai Thai but we sat down at 6:15 and at 7:45 we still did not have our drinks or appetizers, so we left hungry and were scolded by the Hop Center staff for being late to the show. Thankfully, the show was so great we forgot out hunger and stress.

I'd never been to Hanover before and I really liked it. I'll have to start going to Hop Center shows more now.

Hope the rest of your birthday weekend is fun--don't over exert yourself--at your age the consequences could be dire! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Had I known (and been in town) I would've bought you a large Ethiopian coffee ('cause I'm poor and that's the best gift I could afford).

-Diana

amy said...

Bill- Sorry, I didn't realize that the Dirt closed so early. And I forgot to tell you that no one goes to Mai Thai. If you're in Hanover again, go to India Queen. It's under Mai Thai, around back.

Diana- I would have loved an Ethiopian Yurghecheffee... Yhurghechef... Eh.. coffee from you. Write me and let me know how things are in Indiana.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm probably even poorer at this point, but I'll be sure to forward on lots of good cosmic karma, a very cost effective gift if I do say so myself. That, and the salesman said it was well worth a cool $80. Hope you like it, Sully