Friday

Must add to my ever growing/tottering pile of "to read"...

The March/April Book Sense 76 has been posted. I think that the hardcover selections always tend to be a little off-beat (and wicked popular once everyone hears about them).

UPDATE
I'm going through the books, seeing which ones sound good. The most controversial one I've seen is this one. Apparently, either you love it ("The book is laugh out loud funny and Kyle Smith has the rare ability to express what most men think and feel about women and life in general.") or hate it ("This is a shameful exercise in fiction. How astonishing that it saw the light of day to publication. I have no idea whether Mr. Smith actually lacks talent, or whether he has chosen to use his talent in an unproductive, wasteful manner--but in either case, having endured his debut novel cover to cover, I can honestly say, without reservation, that it was one of the weakest books I have read in quite a long time."). Yeaahh, maybe I'll skip this one...

No comments: