Thursday

[knitting] Norwegian Baby Cap

The last baby item I made for the shower was this hat:

Saki hat


Pattern is free on Rav: Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap . The yarn is leftovers from these socks.

It was a good pattern. I would like to make more baby hats and bonnets and mittens from sock leftovers but that stuff can wait until fall approaches (although, considering we got more snow this week, the baby might still need cold-weather apparel in May).

I still have a bazillion free baby patterns to knit but after making all this stuff for the shower:

Pile of handmade stuff


I needed a break. I started all this stuff in January and was done by March. Then Sock Madness 10 started but I only made it through 3 rounds. I'm still working on those socks and when those are done, I'm moving on to shawls. I have a hankering to make shawl after shawl after shawl. The last one I made was this large Batik, finished in January 2015.

No comments: