Tuesday

[knitting] Chance of Flurries

After the Vespergyle mittens, I wanted to do more stranded colorwork, but I wanted something faster and easier.

Chance of flurries 1

Pattern: Chance of Flurries Hat (rav link)

Yarn: Harrisville Flax & Wool Blend (off white), Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair (evergreen)

Needles: US 7 (brim), US 8 (colorwork)

Mods: The pattern is written for bulky yarn, so I had to cast on more stitches to account for the worsted weight yarn I was using. I cast on 80 and then did the pattern as written. I carried the green yarn in my right hand.

Good project, apart from the Flax & Wool yarn. There was so much vegetable matter in it, I eventually stopped trying to pick it out. The yarn itself is rather lofty and I was worried that pulling out so many twigs and hay and whatever else would undermine the structural integrity of the yarn. This yarn has been discontinued- I picked it up from a bargain bin at the mill years ago.

I may still add a pom-pom to the top. I might wait until I had lots of hats and then go on a pom-pom-making spree.

1 comment:

Jacqueline Rios said...

I love this hat!! I recently made one using this pattern in red and beige but I did it in the round without the ribbing. Simple yet beautiful!!