Friday

[knitting] Some assembly required

I've got some sewing to do this weekend:

Mystery KAL

Guuuuuuuuuh, I hate sewing. I hates it, my precious. I'm not sure whether or not I should sit down and devote an hour to sewing/stuffing/finishing this thing sober. Or if I should just bring a bottle of something up to the craft room and spend 4 - 5 hours getting wasted and suffering through the sewing. Looking at all those ends makes me want three fingers of Glenlivet, with a little bit of pepper... and some cheese.

I made this as part of a "Mystery Knitalong" in the Knit Toys group on Rav. This was my first time partaking in a mystery knitalong. Each week, you receive instructions and clues. The surprise comes at the end, when you go, "Well look at that. I had no idea what I was making, HAH HAH WHUT FUN."

My thoughts? I'd rather wait for the pattern to be done-done, rather than participate in what is essentially pattern-testing. I still have to rip and re-knit one of the pieces because there was an error in pattern. Also, now that I've seen finished projects, I probably wouldn't have used green as my contrast color- I would have preferred to use a light blue instead. 

Any guesses on what this might be?

2 comments:

gayle said...

I think I see ears... Kitty? Bear?
If it's any consolation, a lot of those ends can just be stuffed in with the stuffing. That's what I do, anyway.

Natalie said...

I love sewing up! No clue what it would turn out to be. Looks like a 4-legged creature of some sort though!