Wednesday

[travel] Getty Museum

After Santa Monica, we made a very special trip to the J. Paul Getty Museum. I love going to museums. We only had about 2 hours here, which isn't nearly enough time. 

Getty Museum

The buildings and grounds where beautiful. We first went to a rear balcony that overlooked Los Angeles.

Getty Museum

I took many pictures of the paintings:

Getty Museum

Getty Museum

Getty Museum

I was only yelled at once for taking a picture of something I shouldn't (it's okay to take pictures of whatever the Getty Museum owns but NOTHING of what they have on loan from somewhere else).

So I wasn't able to get any pictures of the Messerschmidt sculptures, which were so insanely interesting and cool. We went and walked through a Herb Ritts exhibit.

Outside was a cactus garden:

Getty Museum

My camera battery died and I wasn't able to get any pictures of the flower gardens outside. This was an awesome, awesome museum and you'd need an entire day here to be able to see everything.

No comments: