Monday

[travel] San Diego

Doing a bus tour up California with my mom for 10 days. First stop was San Diego. Our hotel was ah.may.zing. Nicest hotel I've ever stayed in:

San Diego

Did some guided sight-seeing around San Diego in the morning, stopping to see the USS Midway, a retired aircraft carrier which is now a museum.

San Diego

There was a nice memorial to Bob Hope here, with his actual shows being played through speakers:

San Diego

We stopped by Balboa Park:

San Diego

San Diego

And Old Town, which has a Saloon-y/Old-West feel.

San Diego

San Diego

On to the water for a harbor tour, where I took pictures of all the ships docked at Naval Base San Diego:

San Diego

San Diego

Then across to Coronado Island, where I took a nice picture of downtown San Diego:

San Diego

1 comment:

gayle said...

Oh, I loved Old Town! (I visited San Diego once years ago. Lovely place!)
Enjoy!