Tuesday

[knitting] Gretel

Another cabled hat:

Angora Gretel


Pattern: Gretel by Ysolda

Yarn: Cascade Yarns Cloud 9, two balls

Needles: US 5, US 7

Angora Gretel

I did the mid-slouch version. This is the 2nd time I've done this pattern and it's really great. I used Malabrigo Worsted before (the hat came out wonderful- I gifted it to my grandmother) and this time I used Cloud 9, which is 50% merino wool / 50% angora. I love the halo that the project gets as you work round after round and your fingers make the angora in the yarn bloom.

Angora Gretel

Can't wait to wear it this winter!


1 comment:

Kelley said...

I love your comment, "Can't wait to wear it this winter!"

That is what is so nice about knitting little projects over the summer. Double joy because you get to pull them out as soon as a crisp morning begs for hats, mittens and scarves.