Friday

[spinning] Moose Manor Hand Paints Polworth

The last batch of yarn that I spun was from this braid of Polworth:

Moose Manor Hand Paints


I bought this fiber last summer (fall?) at the Franklin County Fiber Twist in MA. The small fiber event was held right next to the Yankee Candle flagship store- in the employee's gym. It was nice to do the fiber-y thing and then head into the store to do the candle-y thing.

Anyway, I've never spun Polworth before. The fiber was a little compacted but I split it many times into easily draftable pieces. The finished yarn:

Moose Manor Hand Paints

A 2-ply, about DK-weight. And LOFTY. This skein is 4 oz and it's nearly twice of the size of the 6 oz 3-ply of alpaca that I posted yesterday.

Moose Manor Hand Paints

The colorway is very pretty (but the dye wasn't set completely- some would come off on my fingers while I spun; a lot come out when I washed the yarn) and I'm happy that I have another braid to spin in blues. I highly recommend this type of fiber to spin.

No comments: