Wednesday

[knitting] Honeycomb Pillow is so sweet.

It's done!

Honeycomb Pillow


Yarn: Plymouth Galway Highland Heather, used less than 1 ball (100g / 210yrds) of 4 colors.

Needles: US 8 (5.0 mm)

Based on the little test pillow that I made and the worsted-weight yarn that I used, I cast on 94 stitches for a 16" x 17" pillow. After blocking, the pieces were a little bit too big, but not big enough to make the cover look saggy/floppy. The main problem is that pillow is so freaking flat:

Honeycomb Pillow

I bought eco-friendly pillow forms from Jo-Ann's that have bamboo fiber filling. The filling has really compacted. Flat. Flat. Flat flat flat flat flatflatflat...

Honeycomb Pillow

Seaming up the sides wasn't too painful and they they turned out quite invisible.

This was a super stash-busting project. I have more pillows to cover will probably try another pattern from the same trio of designs.

No comments: