Friday

[knitting] Another Lotus Hat

I made another Lotus Hat during Christmas break:


Blue Lotus Hat

This is at least the 3rd time that I've done this pattern but this time I added an extra repeat to add some slouch. Look how slouchy:


Blue Lotus Hat

Slouch FAIL. Not slouchy at all, just a bit longer. Meh, it's okay.

The yarn I used is a nice 45% merino / 55% silk by Claudia Hand Painted Yarns, called Worsted 55. I bought it as a closeout at Webs a while ago, wondering why this pretty denim colored yarn with a nice sheen was on closeout. Knitting with it, I realized what the problem was: the dye had not saturated all the yarn plies completely, so if you untwisted the yarn a bit to uncoil the plies, you could see that it was white on the inside. No biggie but now it's something that I might pay more attention to and check for in the future.


No comments: