Wednesday

[knitting] Slippers

Finished a pair of slippers (which are really just a pair of double-thick socks):

IMG_9369


Yarn: Plymouth Encore Colorspun Worsted, pink, 2 balls (yarn held double)

Needles: US 9 (5.5 mm)

Notes: These are nice and plush. Easy to make- the pattern is written to knit these flat, then seam them shut. I had to pull out my trusty Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book (this is still my 'desert island' knitting reference book) to make sure I did my garter-to-garter sewing invisible. You really can't see/feel the seam along the foot and heel.

If I were to make these again, I'd probably do the cuff in the round and then work the actual foot flat.

These are nice to keep by the couch. I usually go around the house barefoot, even in the winter. These slippers are nice to pull on when my feet are up on the coffee table and my toes get cold.


No comments: