Friday

[crochet] Christmas Coasters

Whipping up some sets of coasters to give out for Christmas:


Christmas Coasters

You'd think after making the Catan lapghan/gameboard that I'd never want to make another single-crochet hexagon again. But. I can make them pretty quickly now. 


Christmas Coasters

The yarn is Louisa Harding Cinnabar, which is a mishmash of 30% Viscose, 25% Cotton, 15% Acrylic, 10% Silk, 10% Linen, 5% Polyamide (nylon), and 5% Acetate. I have to be a little careful working with it, because I'm using a smaller hook to make the coasters dense, and there are so many plies of different fibers, they can kind of come undone. But the finished coasters have a nice tweedy look with a little bit of glitz. I am able to make a set of 6 coasters from one ball of Cinnabar.

No comments: