Tuesday

[crochet] Crocheted Catan

The crocheted Seafarers of Catan boardgame is done. It was played at Carnage in Wonderland this past weekend and was well received. Here's the game set up, ready to play:


Seafarers of Catan: Homebrew

I crocheted the map (63 hexagons) and my sister cut all the wooden pieces: (15 roads, 15 ships, 5 settlements, 4 cities) x 6 for 6 players. Here they are sanded, glued and stuck to tape, ready to be spray painted:


Seafarers of Catan: Homebrew

There's also a large pirate ship that prowls the open water during the game, ready to steal from players:


Seafarers of Catan: Homebrew

After a game, things looked like:


Seafarers of Catan: Homebrew

Awwww, the little ships going from island to island are so cute:


Seafarers of Catan: Homebrew


Seafarers of Catan: Homebrew

The yarn I used is Plymouth Galway:


Catan Blanket

One ball was enough for each resource color that make up the islands. I ended up using 5 or 6 balls of blue for the water. The hexes are just the same pattern that I used for my Korean Koasters. I sewed them in order, into strips, then sewed the strips together, then sewed in all the ends. It was a massive pain in the ass of epic proportions.

The map is a replica of the "The Six Islands" scenario in the Seafarers of Catan 5 - 6 player rulebook:


catan_blanket

Love this. It's a one-of-a-kind game/lap blanket. But I'm so happy that it's done. Now I can work on whatever I want! Spinning the fiber that I just got at VT Sheep and Wool! Knitting shawls and hats and cowls! Crocheting cute little amigurumi! I need to pick a new project and get going because all I seem to be doing in my free time now is playing Bejeweled on Xbox. 

No comments: