Tuesday

[knitting] Ishbel

I finished the Ishbel shawl a while ago. After daylight savings time ended, there was just no hope of getting a nice daytime picture in natural light- the sun is setting at 4:30 pm. So here it is...

Ishbel


Pattern: Ishbel

Needles: US 6 (4.0mm)

Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Sock, scarlett, used nearly the whole skein.

Mods: Changed the yarn-over spin to make-one left, make-one right. Did large stockinette, small lace.

Ishbel


I loved the yarn. Very smooth, soft, vibrant tonal colorway. Only drawback is the price: $26.70 for 395yd/120g. I got mine from Webs and I was buying enough at the time to get the discount, which helped. But I don't think I'd be buying enough of this yarn for a sweater or blanket any time soon.

Ishbel


This is shawl #7 for my 10 Shawls in 2010 challenge. It's mid-Nov and I have three more to go... Yeah, I suppose I should cast on for my next shawl, rather than staring forlornly at the yarn and pattern on my desk.

1 comment:

gayle said...

I'm impressed that you've finished seven shawls. (I have an appalling tendency to cast on shawls without ever finishing any of them...)