Monday

[gaming] Carnage 11

I spent a long weekend up at the Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee for the 11th annual Carnage Convention.

It started Thursday night with a role playing game. The game started around 7pm and I didn't get home until 1:30 am. My bedtime is usually around 10pm and by 1 am, my head was literally lolling and nodding at the table. Looking for an exit for my character, I said, "So, the other character was just shredded by an M60 at the end of the tunnel? What am I going to do? Uh... Uh... I go running down the tunnel in the direction of the M60. ... I die? Okay, I'm going home." It was a good game, though, with good effects and material.

Friday Dollar and I checked out the vendors and bought a couple games. We got home and immediately played the Catan Dice Game. Simple and fast, every time we finished a game, I had to say, "More. Moooooore. Dice good. Game fun." (After hours of rolling dice, I think my mind started to get a little mushy.)

Saturday afternoon we both played in the Bang! tournament and Dollar won (for the 2nd year in a row). It was amazing, actually. The game was three rounds and he was the point leader after the first round. For the next two rounds, everyone was targeting him and he was eliminated early. But he still won. The trophy he was meant to receive this year for winning last year was not done, so they promised him TWO trophies next year. He said, "Okay, but if this happens again next year and you guys say something about getting three trophies the year after, I'm going to start to get suspicious."

Sunday morning we were able to motivate at get up to Fairlee for an 8am game. I played Pirate's Cove for the first time and loved it. I am picking this game up for sure.

So that was the convention for us. As always, everyone is fun and nice and great to hang out with. We're all just there to have a good time. I love it.

Carnage 12, I can't wait. What could the theme be? The Dirty Dozen? 12 Monkeys? Twelfth Night? 12 signs of the Zodiac? Or, related, the 12 Colonies of Kobol from Battlestar Galactica? I like the idea of the 12 signs of the Zodiac.

No comments: