Tuesday

2004 Eisner Award Nominees (for 2003 Publications)

This is great. For Best Short Story, the "Death" story in Sandman: Endless Nights is nominated. I didn't particularly think this was the best story in the collection but I've always loved the Gaiman/Russell combo. The other nominees in this category remind me that I've got to get some Little Lit to read.

A comment about the Best Single Issue nominee: Conan #0. Personally, I thought a comic book about Conan the Barbarian would be stupid, but it was really well written and the artwork was great. I think Tom at The Funnybook Factory was telling me that the drawings Cary Nord did were so beautiful that they simply colored over it, no inking necessary. I loved it.

And I'm very happy to see Persepolis and Blankets nominated.

No comments: