First apple recipe of the season:

The recipe is from the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion cookbook. I used my long Emile Henry tart dish. This baked up beautifully- the Cortland apples held their shape after an hour in the oven (I love them for cooking- they don't turn to mush). I used maple sugar in the cider slurry that gets mixed with the apples. I used light brown sugar for the topping.
The ice cream is sweet milk gelato from Morano Gelato in Hanover, NH. (We went to see It: Chapter 2 at the Nugget last weekend- and brought home a to-go container of gelato.) I use my cookie dough scoop to get cute little balls of gelato.
The ice cream is sweet milk gelato from Morano Gelato in Hanover, NH. (We went to see It: Chapter 2 at the Nugget last weekend- and brought home a to-go container of gelato.) I use my cookie dough scoop to get cute little balls of gelato.
After making this and using apples for the muffins and bringing an apple to work everyday, my pile of apples is down. I'm going picking this afternoon with my sister and niece. Maaaaaybe the special heirloom orchard will be open?
###
Last night I traced the remaining images I have onto bundt bags (autumn leaves, snowflake, house, yule log). I'm going to do the autumn leaves one first...
I finish the thumbs on the Latvian mitts. Just have to block...
This weekend I think I'll make some jam with raspberries I have in the freezer. Oh, and shaggy mane mushrooms appeared on the lawn yesterday:
I'm going to pick some to make a rustic tart tonight!
TGIFFFFFF

No comments:
Post a Comment