Monday

[travel] Quebec City

Back home after two weeks away. We spent a week in Quebec City for the Festival d'ete de Quebec (FEQ)- an 11 day music festival. We went for 5 nights. It's only about a 4.5 hour drive. The city is awesome- so beautiful and old. Everyone is really nice and the food is exceptional. We went many years ago to see Rammstein. This year, we were going primarily to see the Rolling Stones.

It's a great city to walk around- as long as you don't mind trudging up and down steep slopes.

It's all up and down and up and down and up and down in this city. #quebeccity #feq

Love the old streets and buildings.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The food was good- I loved this charcuterie slate at Le Hobbit:

Charcuterie slate at Le Hobbit, Quebec City.

It was followed by beef tartare, which is one of my favorite vacation foods. We ordered poutine at one place- I think it is compulsory that you order it at least once while in Quebec. The beer we had at every place was great. Dollar has become such a fan or Boreal that I think I might pop across the border and get some to bring home for his birthday.

Speaking of alcohol- the vending machine in the elevator foyer of our hotel dispensed wine:

Hotel vending machine

Best. Vending machine. Ever. I was actually a little apprehensive about the room we would get at the hotel. It was the same hotel that we staying in when we came up before but our room was the size of a matchbox during that trip. This time the room was so large. Very nice. (I'm sure we paid more this time around.)

Lastly, there was a Starbucks across from our hotel. I went in to order a cappuccino and was asked for my name. I gave it and they asked if it was spelled with an "i" or a "y". Fair question. Nice of them to check so they can get it right. I said "y". They handed me this:

Starbucks barista asked if my name was spelled with an "i" or "y". Guess I should have said it's with an "a" as well.

I guess I should have also said that it starts with an "a". 



No comments: