Friday

[knitting] Felted House Slippers

I knit/felted three pairs of House Slippers over the holidays. I gave them all away but I did make a 4th pair for me.

Pre-felting:

Pre-felted slippers

I used undyed, local wool that I picked up at a VT Sheep and Wool Festival one year.

After felting:

Felted House Slippers

They really didn't lose much of their stitch definition but they are smaller. I ran them through 2 wash cycles and they seemed to shed a lot during the process... I was starting to get worried about clogging up my washing machine and/or drainage tube with stray fibers, so I stopped.

They are really soft now. The original yarn was kind of rough and I thought it was only suitable for rugs but these slippers are ridiculously soft. They are a bit too big for me, so I'll put them into a basket and keep them as guest slippers.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

They look great. I had a friend send me yarn from Norway to make slippers...