Wednesday

[spinning] Morph

Spun another 3-ply from this fiber:

Zen String Fiber


Lots of colors going on there. I thought spinning a true 3-ply would look nice. But it made for a kind of crazy-colored yarn:

Morph


Some lengths are violet, some lengths are orange, some are brown. And then every mixture of all the colors:

Morph


It will be... interesting to see how this knits up. But what I do love about this yarn is how round and bouncy the three ply turned out. It's superfine merino and the singles came out pretty even (I spun all 4 oz nearly at once) and the final spiral, cork-screw look of the yarn is great.

Morph


Superfine merino might be at the top of my Favorite Fiber to Spin list!

1 comment:

Ren said...

Love this! I've always been fascinated by spun yarn and the amazing colors hand dying can produce.