Tuesday

[crochet] Colorful Doily

I've bought a couple doily books the feature beautiful, intricate, heirloom-quality doily patterns. But before I tackle any of those, I need to feel more comfortable crocheting. I decided to try a SIMPLE doily pattern that appears to work best with colorful, self-striping sock yarn:

Doily


Pattern: Jameson by Berroco

Yarn: Schachenmayr nomotta Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett. Used nearly all of one 50gr ball. Purchased at Country Woolens in Lebanon, NH.

Hook: 3.5mm (E)

Notes: Fun and pretty fast to make. It's very colorful and helps to hide my crappy joins:

Doily


Hasn't been blocked yet. Will probably wash, pin it out and maybe even iron it under a damp towel. I'm not too worried about the seam- I can always put a vase or bowl on the doily and point the seam at the wall where no one will see it.

I have another 50gr ball of this same yarn and might try a similar-but-different doily pattern for it. Not ready for light, solid, crochet cotton yet.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is really beautiful...You did a nice job...