Tuesday

[crochet] Leo the Lion

If you're very, very quiet, you might catch a glimpse of the newest amigurumi I made:

Leo the Lion


He's very shy and likes to hide in his throw pillow cave. But I was able to lure him out:

Leo the Lion


He looked left:

IMG_7512


He looked right:

Leo the Lion


Then he ran back to his cave:

Leo the Lion


Pattern: Little Amigurumi Lion from Lion Brand's Easy Crochet Critters

Hook: US E

Yarn: Leftovers of Green Mountain Spinnery's Mountain Mohair (body) and Rowan Lima (mane). Used black safety eyes. Little bit of Frog Tree Alpaca Sport in brown to embroider nose, mouth, whiskers.

Note: Poor Leo is hearing-impaired. And by that, I mean "stone-deaf"; I didn't make him any ears. Maybe someday he'll go under the needle for a pair but I'm too busy crocheting up other adorable little things.

1 comment:

gayle said...

Oh, Amy, he's absolutely adorable! I love your photo coverage of his adventure out in the big world.