Thursday

[cooking] Soba noodles with vegetables

I have more soba noodles in the cupboard than you can shake a stick at. After returning home from Germany (where some form of pork is served for breakfast, lunch and dinner), I wanted meat-free Asian meals. I went to Stern's for veggies and made:

Soba with veggies


I sauteed red and green bell peppers, asparagus, re-hydrated shiitake mushrooms and garlic in toasted sesame oil and added a generous splash of ponzu sauce. Boil the noodles and top with the veggies. Nom.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Hi Amy, thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm never able to respond to you when you write me because of the way you have your Blogger set up and this is the only way I know how to reach you. That is why I didn't respond to you when you asked me about my shawl pattern.

Too funny, that we would be so close and yet not know the other. I asked Norma if she knew you as we were driving down there.

Oh, I want it back in Essex because we have paved walkways, etc. Oh, I'll probably go back to feed my addition if it's in Tunbridge again.

gayle said...

Oh, that looks good!
(But, then again, I would be happy with pork for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...)