Tuesday

[knitting] Raggi Socks

020908 059


Another pair of socks for Dollar.

Yarn: Jarbo Garn Raggi. I really liked this yarn- it's exactly the stuff I like to work with: worsted weight sock yarn with great yardage. I picked up the two balls at Patternworks in Center Harbor.

I'd be willing to use this yarn exclusively for socks from now on- it's not too expensive (although, $16 for a pair of socks does seem extravagant when I could knit a pair in Lion Brand Wool-Ease for $4), it's plush and the socks fit like a glove. For your feet. Which, I guess, is what socks technically are.

I have two balls Cascade 220 Superwash in a heathery evergreen for another pair of socks. And then I think that's it for all the worsted weight yarn for socks in my stash. I can't believe it. I'm trying so hard to stash bust but I know I'm going to crack and make an unnecessary trip to either Webs or Patternsworks.

By the way, my sister and I made a trip a couple weeks ago to Proctorsville (I had never been to that part of VT before) to visit Six Loose Ladies. This was a wonderful little shop with local yarns, some familiar and unfamiliar yarns. I had never seen the brand Ironstone Yarns before and I picked up a couple balls of Harmoney for a pair of quick, bulky mittens. There was a class going on in the back, the sales lady was super helpful, everyone was friendly and there were lots of fiber art pieces hanging on the walls. This was a great local yarn shop that you should visit if you happen to be in the area.

No comments: