Monday

[knitting] Baby Shower

I went to a baby shower this past Saturday and brought the Ripple Hand Towels (as burp towels) and a baby set:

Hat:
Pattern: Basic Hat Pattern (infant size) from The Knitter's Hand Book of Patterns by Ann Budd
Yarn: Louet Gems Baby in Baby Willow
Needles: US 2
Baby hat


Mittens:
Pattern: Baby Mittens
Yarn: Louet Gems Baby in Baby Willow
Needles: US 2 (I really should have used US 4 since the yarn was held double)
baby mittens


Booties:
Pattern: Saartjes Bootees
Yarn: Louet Gems Baby in Baby Willow
Needles: US 2
baby booties



And the whole set together:

Baby set


I was able to make all of it with one skein of the Gem's Baby, with enough leftover for another pair of mittens. Not bad for an $8 skein of yarn. I'm very happy with this yarn- no knots whatsoever, very soft, machine wash/dry. It was super fun making the mittens (because they were fast) and booties (because they're so cute- wookit tha widdle buttons!) but I found the hat to be boring. Maybe next time I'll add cables for use a self striping yarn.

No comments: