Monday

[gardening] Olallie Dayliliy Gardens

I was up early Saturday to head down to South Newfane for the weekend sale at Olallie Daylily Gardens. It was a beautiful day and the garden was amazing:

Olallie Daylily Gardens

Not all of the beds were on sale. I was specifically looking for red and purple varieties. They gave me an extensive list of the sale plants/prices and a clipboard to write down what I wanted.

Daylily Gardens

Rows and rows of pretty daylilies:

Daylilies

Daylilies

Some of the interesting varieties:

Some daylilies at Olallies.

I ended up getting 7 different cultivars. I put them into the ground Saturday afternoon and was thankful for all the rain Sunday. They are pretty sparse at the moment but I'm hoping for a lot of growth next year and the year after. I don't have pictures of all 7 (some aren't blooming yet) but the following are currently living at my house now!

Study in Scarlet

Little Grapette

IMG_1943

Darius

I think I'm all daylilied out now. 


No comments: