Monday

[misc] Murderface Monday

MF on Holiday


Well, I had my house-building nervous-breakdown on Friday night and it was cathartic. I was stressing about 20 different things and was spoiling for a fight.

ME: I'm worried about the hardware I picked for the kitchen cabinets. I ordered it online. What if I don't like them? What if they don't look right?

DOLLAR: (reassuring) I'm sure you picked out nice ones.

ME: (accusing) But you didn't even want to SEE what I was getting. What if you hate the knobs? You'll blame ME.

DOLLAR: I'm not going to hate the knobs.

ME: (hysterical) But what if you do?!

DOLLAR: Then I'll deal with it!

And then I started laughing. Because why am I making such a big deal about cabinet knobs and having a fight over it. It was as simple as that. The world isn't going to end of we hate our knobs. I went over and hugged Dollar. Then I started crying like a 5-year-old. He was very supportive (and relieved).

I came to my senses in so many ways. On Friday afternoon, I was fully prepared to spend $900 for 10 custom-made cellular cordless window shades at Penny's. Considering the original shades that I wanted were $2500 for ten, $900 seemed like a good deal. Dollar wasn't on board. My co-worker looked at me like I was crazy. I wasn't telling anyone how much I was going to spend because deep-down I must have known that $900 for 10 window shades is still highway robbery. So I went to Penny's on Saturday and ordered the ready-mades for $430 (for 10). Still expensive to get so many at once but they're cordless cellular, which is all I really wanted. $43 per shade is a good deal that I'm happy to talk about.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are so funny! You are going to love the new house - knobs and all!

Hugs to Murderface...