Thursday

[crochet] Elephant

I quickly made up this amigurumi elephant:

Elephant


I used my own handspun. It's a merino/silk blend and it's one of my first handspun yarns. It was way over-plied (quite twisty to work with) and dense. I tried started a scarf with this yarn but it was coming out way too heavy. I opted to make this elephant instead.

Elephant


The pattern is good (Padma on Ravelry), seamless and easy.

Elephant


I added some glass safety eyes. I needed to add some eyelids because I didn't want this elephant to look SURPRISED or SCARED all the time. I tried for pensive, but I think it just looks sad about something.

Elephant


I slipped a bamboo cable need into the curl of the trunk. It's very cute:

Elephant


Elephant


Cute little elephant.

2 comments:

Sara said...

He is too cute! Makes me wish I could crochet...

gayle said...

He's adorable.
I think he looks wistful...