Wednesday

[knitting] 2 New Projects

I'm leaving for Minneapolis (and will presumably be spending all my non-sleeping hours here) today and want to post some things before I go. I might be blogging a little from there (the rooms have complimentary high-speed internet access, which is nice because I hate the places that make you pay $25/24hrs) but I may be too inebriated to type anything coherent. Gwark minaplis is hfunn and having grate time. Prepare yourselves for more of the like.

In knitting news, I've got some pictures of my Flower Power shrug progress...







The yarn is staining the friggin' needles. I guess this is a disadvantage to using bamboo needles rather than metal, but what the hell?

Regarding new knitting projects I lined up, I got a couple requests after holding an impromptu dinner party this past Sunday night. One dude requested a hat (sure) and another dude requested a thong (uh...). I have all these spare balls of yarn and the dude who requested the thong picked out some baby alpaca. A baby alpaca knit thong. Initially, I didn't really want to do it but then I started thinking about it more logically: Well, I should probably use a sock yarn because it has some elastic in it. How would I shape it? I wonder if there are patterns online...

2 comments:

Kari said...

Are you knitting with beads? What are those white dots in the shrug? And you are so nice to give up nice yarn for people. I would say sure.. but make them pay for supplies. I am mean though.

amy said...

Yes, I am knitting with beads. This is like the shrug that never ends. And this Berocco mohair is crap because there are all these spots where the yarn broke and was tied back together- this means I have to break the yarn I'm working with, take off all the beads, put them onto the new strand, join the yarn, etc etc. This means I only have about 400 ends to weave in once I'm done...